I used to be a physicist, which is where I learned programming. After working in science and academia for over a decade, I decided to escape before it’s too late.
Since then, I have focused exclusively on teaching coding. In 2016 I set up codetoday based in London, UK, which focuses on providing Python courses ranging from seven-year-old children to professionals working in science and in London’s financial centre.
Since 2020 I have been a contributing author on Real Python.
- PhD in Physics from Imperial College London. Thesis title: High-resolution retinal imaging using adaptive optics in a confocal laser scanning ophthalmoscope, 2000-2004
- BSc(Hons) First Class in Physics and Mathematics from the University of Malta, 1996-2000
- Held various roles at City University London, including Lecturer, RCUK Academic Fellow and Visiting Lecturer, 2005-2016
- Research Fellow at Observatoire de Paris/Paris Observatory
- Founder and Director of Studies at Codetoday Limited, 2015-present
- Author of The Python Coding Book, 2021
- Read full biography at codetoday.co.uk
- View profile on LinkedIn
- Follow on Twitter: @s_gruppetta_ct
© Codetoday Limited. Codetoday Limited is a company registered in England (company number 9789836). Registered office: 13 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8NP, United Kingdom